Happy Friday! The photo you’re looking at is the university I attend. It was 12:30pm today, right after I got off the bus. It started snowing last night and the city was walloped; continuing today and ended around 2:00. As I got closer to campus over the noon hour, visibility became less and less, white-out conditions occurring in some areas, including campus. The picture was taken with my Blackberry, but no, it’s not the lens – that’s the weather.
While I hate taking the bus in blizzard like conditions, I am now starting to see the beauty in winter. Remember when you were a kid and snow was amazing. We would spend hours outside until our fingers threatened our body to fall off because it was so cold? Yeah, those were the days. Now we retreat inside to where it’s warm and watch the weather turn nasty from our windows. The snow made campus so pretty, and the large evergreen trees look spectacular. I’m pretty sure this love will end in about a month.
This weekend I am taking time to relax. After the week I had, I need a weekend to unwind. I dropped a class because I was failing, the university screwed with my student aid, and with all that crap I forgot about a test I had today. I think I managed a C or better. I hope. I think so. I plan on renting a movie and watching free ones. I just want to relax and unwind. Next weekend is my birthday and while I had plans, they fell through. I think I’m just going to do what I have done for the last two years – nothing. I might give myself a pedicure… or might indulge and get one done professionally.
Work is going well, second week. I really love what I do and the people I work with. I have a work event next month that I am looking forward to, and it’s at the week end of finals. Nothing with the school division since middle of October; now that I only have one day available, I doubt I’ll see any work with them for a while. It’s sad because I love working in schools and today is my year anniversary being employed with the division. Can’t believe it’s been a year already.
Now that it’s Friday, I will leave you with Fill in the Blank Friday time! The new one for today is about American Thanksgiving, so I will complete the FITBF from last week.
1. The most spontaneous thing I have ever done was getting my cartilage pierced at sixteen. Here in the province you can get your ears pierced without parental permission. I wanted the cartilage done for a while and my parents said no. I said to myself, “screw that.. I’m sixteen and it’s my body.” I headed to a hair salon and got it done. A few days later it was infected. It was so painful and I was on antibiotics, but the piercing was saved. I took it out last year. I had my fun. Yeah, it was also the most rebellious.
2. The best gift I ever received was a trip to Walt Disney World in 1991. My dad told me two days before Christmas. Well he didn’t tell me, I was eavesdropping in on the phone conversation between my parents shortly after my dad found out he won the trip.
3. A time that I was truly and genuinely surprised was when I received a citizenship award at 9th grade graduation. I had no idea…. I was shocked.
4. I can’t leave the house without… my cell phone. And lip balm (mine has SPF in it).
5. My favorite day of the week is Saturday because it’s the break in the week where you can unwind and do nothing before you realize that on Sunday you have to prepare to get back to work/school.
6. Something that can always make me laugh is not something, but some one… my dog. He is so cute, so loving, and so funny. He has his own personality and knows when I’m sad and tries his best to make me happy. He loves to cuddle and loves to be sweet.
7. My perfect day would include waking up at nine, eating an omelette and Canadian bacon. Watching a few talk shows, then heading out to indulge in shopping and coffee. I would cap it off with either take-out dinner or eating-out somewhere, then returning home to curl up on the couch with a cup of tea, a warm blanket and a good movie.