Since I’m not feeling to hot and don’t feel like doing a long post, I decided to participate in this Ten on Tuesday that I keep seeing around.
1. What type of home do you currently reside in? (house, apartment, etc.)
I live in a three bedroom, one bathroom with three half baths.
2. If you could completely redecorate one room in your home, what room would you pick, why, and what would you do to it?
I would redecorate my bedroom. I’m in the process of it now, but I cannot paint until the snow melts and I can open the windows. I originally picked out a dark brown color for just one wall (my room is small, painting all four walls dark would make it look smaller), but now I’m going to go with a grey color.
3. What is your favorite place to gain inspiration for your home decor style?
Style at Home
4. What is your favorite piece of decor in your home?
My big comfy recliner. I purchased it when I was living on my own and it was the best piece I bought because it is so comfy to sit in. Everyone fights to sit in it now.
5. What do you want visitors to feel when they visit your home? Do you think your home gives off that feeling?
I want visitors to feel like it’s a home and not a museum or some show piece from Ikea. I want it to feel warm, comfy and inviting. I think my home gives off that feeling.
6. Describe your home in one word and explain why you chose that word.
History. My grandfather built it, we moved in, in 1985 after he passed away and we’ve been here ever since. I moved away last year and had to move back, soon I’ll be owning this home when my parents move out.
7. What are some predominant colors or patterns in your home?
Well we’ve had the same color since 1985 when we renovated this place. It’s paint and wallpaper and some wallpaper from 1970’s is still here (gag).
8. What is your favorite room in your home and why?
I love a few rooms in my house. I love my bedroom. When I moved out my sister took my room. It was huge and loved it. Now I have her room. It’s super small, but it fits the things I need – bed, dresser, a coffee table from Ikea I used for a nightstand. That’s basically it. It’s cozy and comfy. I love the kitchen because it’s nice and big and I can cook and bake, we have enough counterspace to allow that. The basement is a nice place to escape and watch TV, it’s also where my office is.
9. Do you take a hands-on or DIY approach to projects around your home or do you enlist or hire help?
It depends on what needs fixing. Electrical and plumbing, we have a person for. I don’t touch that. If I need to fix a door hinge, etc… I do it myself.
10. Where is your favorite place to shop for home furnishings?