1. How many blogs do you read every day and what are they? (I’m talking the ones you NEVER miss)
About four or five.
2. How many “best friends” do you have? Do you have different “besties” for different areas of your life?
I have six girls I call my best friends. Four live here and two live in two different U.S. States. I don’t have different “besties” for different areas of my life. The girls are just my best friends.
3. What’s your daily make up routine?
I don’t wear makeup daily. I let my skin breathe, let it glow and let my natural beauty shine through. When I do wear makeup it’s usually mascara and lipgloss or lipstick. I rarely wear foundation. I also wash my face every morning with a bamboo facecloth. That type is great for people with sensitive skin, it’s not harsh on the skin. In the winter I moisturize and in the summer I do the same but it’s with an SPF.
4. What is your ideal girl’s night?
Dinner, maybe some bowling and then Starbucks afterwards. That is my ideal girl’s night. Throw is a spa day too and that’s perfect!
5. Do you keep up with your nails/toenails or are they au natural?
In the summer I like to keep them painted all the time and the feet taken well care of since their in flip flops all the time. I try to give myself pedicures and manicures when I can’t afford it. I love polished nails in the summer!
6. What’s your best roommate story (assuming you had a roommate at some point in your life)?
I’ve never had a roommate.
7. What’s your “go to” outfit that you wear more than anything else?
You can always find me in jeans and a t-shirt. Stacy and Clinton would kill me, but I love them. I feel comfortable and sexy in jeans and a t-shirt. In the summer I pair them up with the classic flip-flop or a super cute flat.
8. Do you have a beauty secret?
I don’t always wash my face. I know. Horrid. And I sleep with my makeup on sometimes. Because I have dry sensitive skin my facial skin doesn’t like being touched all the time or it flares up and breaks out. For me, this works.
9. Did you read Seventeen magazine growing up?
Sure did. My parents bought my subscriptions. Loved that magazine.
10. How did you learn to put on makeup?
I taught myself. I saw friends just plaster on their makeup and didn’t want to do that. I knew what worked with my skin tone and what didn’t. The adage “less is more” is true. I also took tips from Seventeen magazine, etc. My mom also was strict on makeup. I wasn’t allowed to wear makeup until I was in the 8th grade and it had to be light colors and approved before I walked out the door. At the age I am now I appreciate what she did. I see girls as young as eight wearing makeup and I freak out. Why?