It’s not even summer vacation time around here and I am already planning one for next year. This time, it’s going to be BIG! My family was always big on road trips and we always went on one when I was a kid. My parents instilled that love and it’s something that I want to continue doing for a long time… who wants to take an airplane when they can travel by car and have a scenic route? I even have a motto for next year’s trip: “Go big, or stay home.” Yup, it’s going to be epic.
I want my itinerary to look something like this:
- Mount Rushmore – Everybody has to see a few dead presidents.
- Yellowstone National Park – I hope that Yogi and Boo Boo are available for a pic-a-nic.
- Theodore Roosevelt National Park – keeping up with the Presidential theme
- Lewis & Clark National Historic Trail – American history at its finest
- Fort Union Trading Post National Historic Site – visit the land of my peoples.
I’ve always wanted to explore more of these States and never had the chance to do it. When I was a kid we planned on visiting Mount Rushmore, but it never came to fruition. I’m hoping that next year I’ll have the chance to do an amazing road trip vacation. Could I camp in Yellowstone? It might be a first. Might is a light term at this moment, I’m not much of a camper but when in Rome….
I just want to do a lot of sightseeing and enjoy the sights and sounds. Nothing beats a scenic road trip and the open highway at your disposal.
Do you have any huge road trip plans? Where are you going? What do you want to see?