Last year was my first time baking biscotti. I don’t make the traditional biscotti because it calls for almond extract or almond paste – which I am allergic too. I was searching for the perfect recipe and found it on the Whole Foods website (the photo above and on the site is mine… didn’t they turn out awesome?!). I’ll definitely be making these again. The whole family enjoyed them.
What you’ll need
3/4 CUP DRIED SWEETENED CRANBERRIES
1/2 CUP SOFTENED UNSALTED BUTTER (1 STICK)
3/4 CUP SUGAR
2 TSP. VANILLA EXTRACT
2 1/4 CUP ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR
1 1/2 TSP. BAKING POWDER
1/4 TSP SALT
1 CUP RED & GREEN CHERRIES (OPTIONAL)
1/4 CUP CARAMEL PIECES (OPTIONAL)
Preheat over to 325F.
Soak dried cranberries in hot water.
1. Cream butter and sugar until smooth and fluffy.
2. Add eggs one at a time, blend until smooth. Add vanilla, flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until blended (do not over beat).
3. Drain cranberries. Stir in cranberries, cherries and caramel pieces by hand.
4. Divide dough in half. On a lightly-powdered surface, knead dough a few times and shape into two long slightly flattened
logs about 2 inches wide & 12-14 inches long.
5. Place both logs on a non-stick baking sheet & bake for 25 minutes or until barely golden. Let cool for 10 minutes.
6. Slice logs on the diagonal about 1/2 inch thick. Return to baking sheet & bake for 20 minutes turning half way. Remove and let cool.
Will keep for several weeks in airtight container.