Here is a great cookie recipe that you can gift away without having to bake! This is a wonderful holiday gift to give out especially if you find yourself short on time when it comes to baking. All you have to do is gather the ingredients and add to a mason jar! Brilliant!
What you need
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cups dark brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 cup chopped nuts (you can omit this if you’d like)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 quart wide-mouth mason jar
1. Combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In a 1 quart wide-mouth mason jar, layer brown sugar, white sugar, cocoa, chopped nuts and chocolate chips. Pack everything down firmly before you add flour mixture. It will be a tight fit!
3. Attach a tag with the following instructions:
“Chocolate Cookie Mix in a Jar”
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Empty cookie mix into a large bowl. Thoroughly blend mixture with hands. Mix in 3/4 cup softened butter or margarine, 1 egg (slightly beaten) and 1 tsp vanilla. Shape into walnut sized balls and place 2 inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 11 to 14 minutes. Cook 5 minutes on baking sheet, then move to wire racks.
Using the lid of the jar cut out a circle pattern on a piece of fabric, slightly larger than the jar lid, to cover the lid. Use a decorative ribbon to secure fabric over lid (you can even use hot glue gun to secure fabric and ribbon).