I have teamed up with BzzAgent and Secret to test a new Secret product – Secret Clear Gel. After being asked last month to try this product and write a review, I was a little skeptical. I have tried Secret Clear products before and it didn’t work very well. I found that the product did not last that long (even in winter) as it didn’t quite control wetness and odor protection. Due to that, I have had to switch to a new deodorant product.
This product boasts a 48 hour protection as an antiperspirant and deodorant. Secret also claims that this product does not leave white marks on your clothing. Who needs white marks on your clothing, right?
After two weeks of trying this product, I’ve come to the following conclusions.
- Secret Clear Gel definitely does not leave white marks on your clothing. This is great for the delicate clothing you have in your closet.
- The scent (I was given Cocoa Butter Kiss) is not too heavy (as an asthmatic, I cannot stand heavy scents) and smells great.
- While some products can feel caked on or heavy, the Clear Gel is lightweight.
- If you’re someone who is really active, you’ll have to reapply. I found that halfway through my workout, my underarms were wet.
- If you’re outdoors on a hot/humid day for a long period of time, not only will you be wet, but the scent will start to wear off and you’ll begin to smell.
- It takes a while for the gel to dry once applied, even if you use just a little bit.
- The 48 hour claim does not last with me. When I wake up in the morning, I definitely have to apply product. I wouldn’t trust going out without applying it.
Overall, this is a good product and I will be sure to keep it in my arsenal. I like using it after my gym workout because it doesn’t give me a stingy feeling after application (like some products do); the scent is great and I feel fresh. For the hot and humid (and active) days, I will have to keep using the product I usually use (a long-lasting solid).
Secret Clear Gel can be purchased at any store that sells this type of product.
Please note: While I received this product for free to try, the opinions in this post are strictly mine.